Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Who Am I In Christ...

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
I am a new creation in Christ

Song of Songs 4:7
All beautiful you are, my darling; there is no flaw in you.
I am all beautiful & with no flaws

John 1:12
Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God
I am a child of God

Luke 7:48
Then Jesus said to her, "Your sins are forgiven."
I am forgiven

John 15:15
I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.
I am a friend of Jesus

Galatians 5:1
It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.
I have been set free in Christ

Ephesians 1:4
For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love
I am chosen, holy, and blameless before God

Ephesians 1:7
In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace
I am redeemed and forgiven by the grace of Christ.

Ephesians 2:10
For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
I am God's workmanship created to produce good works.

Ephesians 3:6; Ephesians 5:30
This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.
For we are members of his body.

I am a member of Christ's body and a partaker of His promise.

Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
I am experiencing the peace of God - Whom guards my mind and heart.

Colossians 2:9-10
For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, 10and you have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority.
I have been made complete in Christ.

Colossians 3:12
2Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
I have been chosen of God, and I am holy and beloved.

1 Thessalonians 1:4
For we know, brothers loved by God, that he has chosen you,
I am loved and chosen by God.

If you never accept what God says about you, then you will never experience real joy. I was faced with this question by a friend; do you know who you are in Jesus Christ? My answer was yes…but then I began to look at stuff and wonder if I really did. After looking into it, I found that I knew a lot of this, but I think sometimes I let myself believe the lies Satan feeds me; that I am ugly, that I do not matter to God, that I am useless, that God doesn’t really care about me, or that I am guilty and God hates me. But, looking at these verses and at different stories from the bible and really just relearning about stuff from His word, I have come to realize that I have given Satan his way with my heart for some time now.

I want to stop letting Satan win, I need to stop believing the lies and start soaking up the TRUTH; I want to be filled with joy and have peace in life, I need to allow Jesus Christ to be my everything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN AMEN AMEN sister!!!!!! keep believing Truth, keep FIGHTING for Truth, CLINGING to Truth, and running to our Love whose name is Faithful and True :)

I LOVE YOU!!!