Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Fun & then some thoughts...

Well, I think that this is kinda...special; but true nonetheless.

I read the book of James the other day; and I was convicted and loved it...kinda, haha. But, really it was good for me. Some of my favorite passages were James 1:21-27:

21Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you. 22Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. 23Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror 24and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. 25But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it—he will be blessed in what he does. 26If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless. 27Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

James 4:7-10,17:

7Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. 10Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up. 17Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins.

It was a book in the bible a friend suggested for me to read; and it was good timing. I think that I need to start acting what I know...doing the things I know I should be doing and NOT doing the things I know that I should not be doing. I think so often I go back to just having head knowledge…it drifts away from my heart.

My goal is to spend more time with God and to get back on track with Him…God and I have not gone on “a date” in some time now…it could be a really good thing for my life. I want God to be something I am passionate about, that I have zeal and a real desire to grow & know Him more….I want God to be real in my life; and I have heard it said, “If you want God to be more real in your life, be more real with God.” I don’t know why I fight it sometimes, He knows already anyway.


Those are my thoughts right now…I hope my next posts are more exciting for those, if any, who read this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh WOW. That is super special. And Alicia agrees. Does it make me very strange that this frightens me just a little?