Saturday, December 13, 2008

Sister

So, I had the pleasure of seeing my sister play basketball on Thursday this past week; she played in Fort Collins. She ended up hurting her hand in the second quarter, way to go Sister, so I didn't get to watch her play that long. After her game, I went to get us food because she had to watch the varsity game and wait for the bus. We sat and ate and watched the game...and TALKED, face to face! It was great :D I was so so glad that I had that opportunity.

My sister is a great young woman; I am proud of her in so many ways...sometimes I just want to smack her and say, "what the heck were/are you doing?" She will usually just smile like her cute lil "I can get away with anything" face and say, I know... :) She was the one kid in our family that could do anything, and smile her way out of it....so not fair! But, I love that girl so much!

So, I am not sure if this is a "sister's thing" but, my sister and I fought like crazy when we were younger...then, she and I grew up a little, still pushed each other's buttons, but hung out A LOT! After my parents got separated, I was not old enough to drive, but we lived close enough to King Soopers that we would walk there, I would buy a movie or two from those cheap like $5 DVDs...we would go at least once a week and buy at least one movie each time...I spent so much money on movies back then. haha. But, we would watch movie after movie, hang out...whatever; we were very cool, let me tell ya. :) :)

Now, with some distance and long intervals between our visits, I think our love and understanding of each other has reached a GREAT point. As we sat there talking and laughing while watching the game, I just realized how lucky I am to have such a great little sister. No one knows me quite like she does; she is the only person who can "name that movie" EVERY TIME (although Jill is good!!) she knows the stupid things that bother me and does them just to annoy me...she has my back and even sticks up for me when people give me crap...she loves me no matter what I say or do or how much I screw up...and we still fight, but its good/healthy to fight every once in awhile....right?!?

I love her with all my heart...she is and always will be my BABY SISTER, but has asked me to call her either 'Baby' or 'Sister' not the two together...lol

No comments: