OK, I went to this thing called "The Porch" on Saturday night; it is where a group of people from the Rock Church here in Provo get together and have a bible study on the Peery's Porch :) It was pretty cool, we ate some food, just were around in fellowship together for a bit, then we dug into a little study they had already started. I was so very glad that I went...
So, we talked about 'The Supreme Pursuit'--TO KNOW GOD! Jeremiah 9:24a says "but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me," and John 17:3 says in Jesus' words what eternal life is, "And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent."
It is very cool for me to look at and say, wow...God wants me to know Him; doesn't that thought just make you smile?! It fills me with joy!!! GOD WANTS TO KNOW ME!!!!!!!!!! I think for me this is why I believe that 'religion is a lie' because it is not about what religion you are, it is about having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ; it is about knowing God, and having a relationship with Him :)
God is SO SO SO GOOD!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment