Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My Future...

It's ok not to know what's going to happen to us. Most of the time, if we plan too far ahead, God throws us a curve ball anyway. So, in order to serve the purpose He needs me to serve, I need to put my plans or hopes or thoughts or wishes I have for the future "on the back burner."
I think that this is such a hard thing for me to say, I think that my plans are best and that I know what would be good for my life...but, in all honesty I don't; I NEVER wanted to come to CSU for any kind of religious reasons; I wanted to come for selfish reasons, but God wanted me there and got me there and I had one of the best years in my growth in relationship with God. I am not sure what He has planned for me for next year, but I think I need to stop trying to figure it out...I think I have come to realize that God WILL change my plans even if I think it is what He wants me to be doing; If it doesn't line up with what He planned for my life, I believe He will change it.

"In no way is it enough to set out cheerfully with God on any venture of faith. You must also be willing to take your ideas of what the journey will be like and tear them into tiny pieces, for nothing on the itinerary will happen as you expect. Your guide will not keep to any beaten path. He will lead you through ways you would never have dreamed your eyes would see. He knows no fear, and He expects you to fear nothing while He is with you." --LB Cowman

Clinging to Proverbs 3:5,6.

No comments: