Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Song of Solomon...

verses
2:7, 3:5, 8:4
ALL SAY THE SAME THING!!

Oh, let me warn you, sisters in Jerusalem:
Don't excite love, don't stir it up,
until the time is ripe—and you're ready.

OK, so I needed to read this book again, specifically these verses. I noticed a long time ago in one of my quiet times that this warning occurs THREE times in the same book! This time it hit me hard though; mostly because I want or desire that love so much that I find myself manipulating situations, lowering my standards, or even just allowing my heart to go there when I know it shouldn’t. I like this version of these verses the best because of the word choice…don’t excite love, don’t stir it up; until the time is right and you’re ready.
CONVICTING.

I am not doing this; I am going against this warning right now.

But WHY?!

I need to hold onto that knowledge, to those verses…I trust that the Bible IS the Word of God and I believe that God would not ask me to do or rather not do something that was not ultimately for my good. So, I am going to chose to stop following my heart (the heart is deceitful) and listen to and follow the Word of God and the guidance from the Holy Spirit.


I know and need to cling to these verses as well:

Proverbs 4:23
Guard Your Heart

Philippians 4:6-7
Don’t Worry, Pray, Tell, Thank = Experiencing Peace

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust with All My Heart

Jeremiah 29:11
Plans…to Prosper, Not to Harm, to Give Me a Hope and a Future

UGH! Sometimes I get so frustrated with myself…I KNOW this stuff!! Why do I struggle, or why do I allow myself to give in and not rely on God’s strength?! Grr!

No comments: