Sunday, May 24, 2009

Tears...excitement AND sadness.

Well, I have cried numerous times over the past two weeks or so in light of the move to Provo and I have not even left yet.
I have not left, but I have had to say many goodbyes.

I have cried because I have to leave so much...(not like I am going to nothing, but CO is all I have ever known...friends, family, etc)...my family is supportive and excited to see what is ahead of me. My friends are so sad to see me go, some have even asked, "Are you sure you can't just stay?!" - haha, yes I am SURE. My coworkers and managers at Walgreen's - people I probably spent more time with per week this year than anyone else are extremely sad to see me go, but are excited to see what the future holds for me. I have family who have known me my whole life, friends I have known since middle school to friends I met within the last few months...

I have cried because I am so excited...I feel very honored that God felt He could use me in Provo, UT. It is awesome because I used to be that girl that felt I could in no way effect the Kingdom of God...I did not ever think I would be so inclined and led to go help a church in a different city, or even that counsel would say, "ok, GO!"...I never thought I would have the strength to leave everything and everyone I have ever known to follow Jesus. However, I KNOW that in no way is it really me doing anything...I am just a vessel God is using and God is my strength/hope - I would not have ever chosen this for my life as much as I love the family in Provo...it is HARD! But, I can see that it is so so so GOOD! I am SO SO SO excited to grow in relationship with my Savior and in relationships with the saints in Provo, UT.

This move is truly bittersweet. BUT, I KNOW that it is GOOD because God is GOOD and FAITHFUL and has given me tremendous peace about it. God has gone before me! Isaiah 52:12 and Deuteronomy 31:8 :)

No comments: