Thursday, June 26, 2008

God Will Judge My Secrets

Romans 2:16
On that day when, according to my gospel, God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus.

Well, at the Rock here in Provo, we are going through the book of Romans and last week we learned about 'God's Wrath and The Religious;" and it was great, but one thing that totally hit me was this verse. Bill shared a story he heard from someone about a president of a company sending out an email saying that everyone had to do something and one guy took scan of his hand holding up his middle finger and hit reply so he could send it to one of his buddies saying, "this is what I think of that." Go figure, he accidentally hit 'reply all' and what he was doing in secret to one of his buddies was actually sent to the president of the company, and the guy was fired and whatnot...but, it is a simple illustration of the things we do in secret WILL BE EXPOSED....God sees them. I think it is a good thing to know, and realize because we won't get fired...but, we will have God's wrath upon us.....IF IT WEREN'T FOR JESUS!!!!!! Amen, Praise God that He sent His Son so that I might live and become acceptable to God.

I have heard that, "Good intentions are subverted by inappropriate actions;"

and I think that is so so true...at least in my life. I want to do something and strive for it and do well for a while and then I just crash. Like I will be honest here and say that I have gone to parties and had the best intentions, not drinking and showing my friends it is ok to NOT drink; and then I do...I hate drinking, I don't know why I do it. But, I think that statement is so so true not only in that situation but in so many others...I can have the best intentions but my actions and the situations I put myself in totally shoot those intentions down. So, my thought is to not put myself in those positions and not be in places where it is easier to give in to the flesh.


I Am Found In Him.

No comments: