Saturday, January 10, 2009

CHANGE.

“Things change, people change, situations change, marital status' change, jobs change, hearts change, friends change, things will always be changing...that is life; but one thing we can count on NEVER changing is God :) he loves us even when we don't love Him, He remains faithful even when we aren't, HE IS UNCHANGING!!"

That is a text I sent out to a few people today after talking with a friend and really coming to realize just how much in my life is ALWAYS changing. I have my family whose dynamic is always on a roller coaster ride. I have had boyfriends and dated for 'the right one.' I have had numerous friends, counselors, and mentors. I have had friends who are not the best influences as well as amazing women and godly men in my life. I have had friends I will never forget and friends I can't even remember their names. I have had friends move away and friends who have moved with me. I have friends get married, or are on their way. I have had countless jobs. I have liked boy x then felt totally stupid for wasting my time and energy on him rather than spending it for Jesus. Change is inevitable; and it is NOT the easiest thing. Relationship after relationship and there is only one that remains the same as it was when it began and that is my relationship with Jesus Christ.

Isn't it crazy how easy it is to put God in a box? -I know it is for me...I put God in the box A LOT. But, God IS unchanging and will ALWAYS be the same....I tend to associate God with what I know of people and that is NOT good. Who is God?

Hebrews 13:8 “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.”

VERSES to ponder:

God is eternal.
Deuteronomy 33:27; Jeremiah 10:10; Psalm 90:2

God is infinite.
1 Kings 8:22-27; Jeremiah 23:24; Psalm 102:25-27; Revelation 22:13

God is self-sufficient and self-existent.
Exodus 3:13-14; Psalm 50:10-12; Colossians 1:16

God is omnipresent (present everywhere).
Psalm 139:7-12

God is omnipotent (all powerful).
Genesis 18:14; Luke 18:27; Revelation 19:6

God is omniscient (all knowing).
Psalm 139:2-6; Isaiah 40:13-14

God is unchanging
Psalm 102:25-27; Hebrews 1:10-12; 13:8

God is sovereign.
2 Samuel 7:22; Isaiah 46:9-11

God is wise.
Proverbs 3:19; Romans 16:26-27; 1 Timothy 1:17

God is holy.
Leviticus 19:2; 1 Peter 1:15

God is righteous and just.
Deuteronomy 32:4; Psalm 11:7; Psalm 119:137

God is faithful.
Deuteronomy 7:9; Psalm 89:1-8

God is true and truth.
Psalm 31:5; John 14:6; John 17:3; Titus 1:1-2

God is good.
Psalm 25:8; Psalm 34:8; Mark 10:18

God is merciful.
Deuteronomy 4:31; Psalm 103:8-17; Daniel 9:9; Hebrews 2:17

God is gracious.
Exodus 34:6; Psalm 103:8; 1 Peter 5:10

God is love.
John 3:16; Romans 5:8; 1 John 4:8

No comments: